Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Push

I've spent all of my adult life in Delhi...by the time I finish postgraduate studies, I will have completed six years in Delhi/the NCR. Over the last year - maybe a longer time, actually - I've often caught myself wondering if it's time I moved on. I am essentially, constitutionally, a nomad. Since last year, as I said, the idea of moving to a new city - a new place with new weather, a new language, new pluses and issues, new quirks and idiosyncrasies - has increasingly appealed to me. I'm beginning to tire of the city and its ways. And I think it's best to leave while you can do it without feeling compelled to. Yet, I could never be a hundred per cent sure I actually wanted to leave Delhi, in that I thought I wouldn't mind staying here either, if it came to that. Kind of a limbo, I mean. No concrete reasons...no professional logic, no academic purpose, and personal reasons too nebulous to explain or even to count - sometimes, even to or with myself.

Until this morning.

This morning, the city made my mind up for me.

11 comments:

Absolute Chemystic said...

this is in response to your 'chaos' post -

that psychology thing sounds interesting to me ! although i might really not wanna do an assignment in it ;)! may be you should wait until you Actually start working on in and THEN your hair would automatically start falling on its own ! :D so no extra labor !

Crossworder said...

I'm still recovering from the surprise...that post was online barely ten minutes and you've read it already! yeah, OP is interesting...when I get down to it, which is a bit of a rare occurrence :p Hair today gone tomorrow, thanks to the weather, the water and life in general!

Absolute Chemystic said...

why did you remove it? I kept thinking it was my computer screwing with me !

Crossworder said...

Oh, generally. I'm a really impulsive sort...wrote the post on a whim, removed it on another that followed five minutes later. So when it's 'now you see them, now you don't' with my posts, rest assured it's just me - your computer is a very well-behaved machine :)

Absolute Chemystic said...

just out of curiosity, are you a gemini ? dont tell me what it is, if you are not one ! ;)

Crossworder said...

No, not a Gemini :) :) Just curious...why did you want to know only if I was a Gemini and not otherwise? :)

Absolute Chemystic said...

jus wondered, i seem to know a lot of geminis in particular, and the one thing they all have going for all of them, is this impulsiveness !its funny at times, bt can get very annoying also ! (like picking a dish from a menu or even picking a restaurant, esp. when I am starving to death and could eat paper!)

Absolute Chemystic said...

and oh I absolutely love playing guessing the zodiac game ;) its fun to catch people off-guard sometimes ! ;)

Crossworder said...

Hmm :) Find the whole zodiac thing pretty interesting myself...so same pinch! Yeah, now that you mention it, all the Geminis I know are also rather impulsive people...even when they've told you what they're going to do next, you can never be sure! Not one myself...but in being impulsive, I'm true to the traits of my sign (which you asked me not to reveal, so I won't) :) Let me try and guess yours...Taurus?

Absolute Chemystic said...

Ha ha why taurus ? although I am very adamant, not a taurian.
hmm I am trying to think what you could be ;) but dont wanna guess too often !

Crossworder said...

Oh that's a similarity...I'm terribly stubborn sometimes, too :) Well, now we know that you're not a Taurean and I'm not a Gemini...maybe we'll stumble upon each other's sunsigns some day if and as and when we discover more traits :) :)