Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Just a Little Ranting...

It's been a while, hasn't it? And so much has happened - dissertation, unbalanced equations, assignments, random realizations, a million second thoughts, exultation, anxiety over scores of things, unbridled laughter, more assignments, sleep deprivation.

Why, then, am I up at 2.47 a.m., with nothing in particular to write about? Tonight, of all nights, when I finally have no deathly-urgent deadline that I must meet tomorrow, why am I not curled up in bed, dreaming of the mountains or of distant islands as I am wont to? In my experience, chronic sleep deprivation leads to chronic insomnia and vice versa, till you really can't tell one from the other and end up sitting up all night, thinking of nothing in particular, wanting to say something but not sure you want to talk.

I'm angry, I'll confess. Angry, and hurt and fed up. Feeling shortchanged is alright - at some point or another, I assume we've all been there (to those who haven't: I envy you) - but this has happened one time too many. Oh, I know I asked for it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. :)

Now that it's out in the open, I feel a little foolish. Strangely enough, I am also sleepy.

4 comments:

Absolute Chemystic said...

college days khatam ??

Crossworder said...

Almost...I think I'm thoroughly depersonalized now :)

Ruchira Sen said...

Funny, all posts called 'Just a Little Ranting' are written at ungodly hours. Must be a Stephanian thing... or at any rate, an ASLA thing.

Crossworder said...

I just went back to your blog and took a look...that's funny, yes, maybe it is an ASLA thing, this penchant for letting off steam at ungodly hours. It just isn't the same without friends, black coffee and floor cushions, though. :)