Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Best left unnamed

I wonder, every now and then, if you knew all along,

I wonder if you felt the same;

if the laughter and the talking were part of something larger

or simply the culmination of a game

of hide and seek, or peekaboo,

or a tentative, hesitant enquiring

into reasons and effects, opinions and dreams...

taking apart of emotional wiring!

Sometimes I wonder if you had guessed

why things happened like they did.

If, like me, you sought silence

when you were contentedly amid

tens of faces, a multitude of voices,

looking, every minute, every hour

for something you didn't quite know how to name,

endearingly elusive, so far.

I wonder if there'll be a second time,

I wonder if it will be the same.

No.

Some things are best left untouched, untarnished;

some things are best left unnamed.

1 comment:

In Search said...

i think urs are the best poem's i've ever read.
Can instantly relate to something in them