Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Schoolgirl Poetry I : November Rain


Deadlines, in all their urgency
loom large and menacing over me
I smile and gaze out,
blissfully.


Memories, ever rushing by -
restless, like a school of fry
From the present,
my alibi...


Tomorrows playing peekaboo -
promising. Foreboding, too.
I love them golden
and in blue.


Winter chill beneath my feet,
wind and rain and hail and sleet
Where the elements part
and meet.


Silly grins for no real reason,
brought on by mysterious treason
wrought suddenly by
the season.


I'm free, I'm flying north again
I'm wandering down memory lane
Blame it on
November rain.

4 comments:

Absolute Chemystic said...

wat makes a great poem so poignant and so much better than other great blogs by the same person :)

have been trying to decide whether i like you better as a poet or a writer... the poet won by a very small margin..tough choice you see:)

needless to say, loved the poem.. november rain reminds me of GNR.. very cliche. bt why schoolgirl ?

Crossworder said...

thank you :) :) the poet is flattered and humbled...so is the writer. seldom have they been complimented so generously :) awesome thing to wake up to! schoolgirl because when i read the poem after i was done, the rhyme scheme reminded me of the poetry we studied in school. besides, for the two days that it rained here last week, i *felt* like a schoolgirl all over again, excited and happy and perpetually in a rain-dance mood. sigh. i sound bonkers again, don't i?

Absolute Chemystic said...

haha insanity is itself very relative.. so u r safe :)
did u make paper boats ? tat would complete the picture would it not?!

Crossworder said...

it would...but i didn't. psst...i've forgotten how to. i think i get a fold wrong or something because my boats always collapse in on themselves :(