Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

"This can't be happening! Undo. UNDO!"

So I wrote a long, long post – about three pages, if not more - about my love of travelling and why I find train journeys particularly entertaining. I rambled about how we live slices of different lives as we travel through the country from one city to another. I talked about the joys of being address-less and unreachable. I rattled on about how humanity is at its quirkiest, idiosyncratic best when 72 random people are thrown together for 10-odd hours, sometimes more. And I wrote and wrote and wrote. And because I am compulsively neat and organized and a darned perfectionist, I had to justify the alignment of the paragraphs. Of course I did. How else could I rest easy? So I selected all the text, and then Murphy decided he needed entertainment, so my finger slipped and hit the spacebar.

And Blogger, which usually spends about a minute thinking things through when I want to save my work, promptly, efficiently went ahead on its own, and saved a draft that contained nothing. Not even a label.

If I didn't write about this, at least, I'd never get any sleep tonight. So think about me while I'm away - I'm going home for a few weeks :) - and I'll spend some time on the train thinking about the post that almost got published.

2 comments:

Absolute Chemystic said...

all the more reason for you to come back from home, and write an even longer post on train journeys :)
happy holidays !

Crossworder said...

Thank you :) I'm still tearing my hair out at the 'accident'. I want to kick myself. Or Murphy. Aarrgh.