Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Good morning, World! What's for breakfast?

Just yesterday, or so it seems, I was writing about the beautiful ease and grace with which 2008 gave way to 2009. It wasn't so long ago - or wasn't it? - that I was scoring the '8' out of 2008 and replacing it with a '9' on each assignment and page of notes, as I got used to it being year 2009. Was it really all of 365 days ago that I was contemplating an entirely new year ahead?

It sure doesn't feel that way!

But here we are. 2010 is upon us.

Happy New Year, World!
I've had several reasons to celebrate, big and small...2009 was, on the whole, umm, interesting; and, in all fairness and honesty, pretty good to me. It had its ups and downs, of course - for me, for those I love, and for all of us here on the planet...but, good or could-have-been-better, it has bowed itself out and ushered in a whole new 12 months...and that can't really be a bad thing!

And there's the special happiness of getting to spend New Year's Eve with my family after five long years...and the fact that I've just published my 100th post (!) and completed my first year of blogging in earnest.

I'm a couple of degrees wiser, too! :) I've had my moments of truth and learnt a whole bunch of facts of myself, people, the universe and life in general. There's lots more to learn, and I can't wait to begin living the rest of my life...I inked some posts in my head in the last couple of weeks, but then, I also have my data card to consider. I think I'm my fair share of temperamental...but this little bit of hardware in my laptop could definitely teach me a thing or two about being moody.

Hmm...so I'll see you when I get back to Delhi. Till then, here's wishing us all the sort of year we'll look back on with a smile.

:)

No comments: