Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Second sem blues

Second semester includes some awesome papers. Each time I look at my bookshelf, I can't help but feel excited about what I will be studying for the next three months - there's OB, OD and Macro. Then there's HRD, Labour Laws and Economic & Accounting Aspects of Human Capital (quite a mouthful, that last name...and the paper lives up to it alright). There's CA II, which is, well, CA II. Why am I blue, then?

Because I know I love the first three, but that the devil must be given his DUe.

Because HRD is important (or so they say), but also vapid...so insipid that it can bore the most dedicated budding HR manager to tears! :(

Because Labour Laws are interesting, and important...but need memorising, which takes away from the pleasure.

Because we're all still trying to figure out exactly what comes under the Economic and Accounting Aspects of Human Capital (what sort of paper calls itself that, anyway??).

There's a lot I'm looking forward to learning. I have a feeling OB and OD - not to mention Macro, an old love - will make up for any not-so-great aspect of this semester. Let's see what the next twelve weeks turn out like, though. Sigh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Labour Laws are interesting" - Now that is a first time...I am yet to hear any PGHR person at MDI say that...

Crossworder said...

Hmm...but they are! Or whatever I've seen of them so far, is. But then, there's a caveat to everything I say about HR, which I'm not getting into at the moment. Has always been, will always be :)

Ruchira Sen said...

"the devil must be given his DUe." Very clever!