Maybe the Wall has some answers.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bend rounded.

I'd made what I thought was my exit. Turns out it wasn't, and I can't say I'm not glad. It wasn't a full stop, I discovered, just a comma...not a nice comma, nor easy, but better than a full stop. And I'm getting fed up with the symbolism already.
Lots to deal with. Loads. Not quite there yet...but at least there's a start. But I do realise it never helps to want something for the wrong reasons. In hindsight, my reasons were not entirely one-dimensional...and as someone who matters pointed out, it's all about going towards, not away from. So maybe it is a good thing that the blow happened.
Or maybe I'm rationalising away a failure, or two :)
Instinct tells me it was the right thing to happen, though, so I'm going to go with this. At any rate, there's a lot more clarity. Coming to terms with some ten things at one go isn't easy, but the good news is, I'm getting better at crisis management, especially when the crisis is of the personal variety.
I've realised that I am capable of excessive detachment...and I'm still reeling from the shock.
Workaholism isn't the healthiest lifestyle option, but I'm all for it.
P.S. I owe a thank you to the author of a beautiful comment on one of my previous posts. I haven't published it yet, because I'm still fighting the urge to be selfish and to keep it only to myself...it means way too much. But to one very important person --- thank you :)

No comments: